Greetings, since first learning about this free service (free for Counties and free for Citizens) at the Winter Colorado Counties conference in Nov. 2009, and then learning more while attending National Association of Counties Legislative Conference in 2010 -- I have wanted Ouray County to offer this card to our citizens. Commissioner Albritton agreed. There are now 28 Colorado Counties that offer this free service to their Citizens.
This unique discount card will help our uninsured and underinsured Ouray County citizens obtain discount on their prescriptions filled at over 60,000 participating pharmacies nationwide -- including Ridgway Pharmacy.
Even if you have insurance, you can check prices with the card and see if you can get a lower price. Note: The NACo Prescription Discount Card Program is NOT insurance.
All you need to do is download a card, print it, and use it!
Many prescriptions are discounted more than the average 24%. You can also use the card to get discounts on subscriptions for pets that are filled at a participating pharmacy.
One card will cover your entire family, including pets. You can use the same card when you are travelling out of town at over 60,000 pharmacies nationwide.
To Get Started Now:
1. Download & print the card here: http://www.lynnpadgettforouraycounty.org/lp4bocc/naco_card_ouray_county_colorado_june2011.pdf
2. Check drug prices (optional) here: https://www.caremark.com/wps/myportal/CHECK_DRUG_COST
3. Search for local pharmacies (& out of town pharmacies while you a traveling) here: https://www.caremark.com/wps/myportal/LOCAL_PHARMACY
4. You can read FAQs here: http://www2.caremark.com/naco/faq.htm
5. You can find additional information on drug interactions and other drug information in the drug database here: http://drugtools.caremark.com/drugtools.html
6. Mail Order information and mail order price list can be found here: http://www2.caremark.com/naco/mod.htm
7. Additional Health Resources (including comprehensive health and medical information on a wide range of topics and services for certain health conditions) can be found here: http://www2.caremark.com/naco/health.htm